I look forward to welcoming you to the practice.
Your first visit will primarily focus on discussing your concerns and requirements followed by a detailed oral health examination and evaluation in order to give an idea of your dental needs, possible options and fees involved. This entails a thorough full case assessment of your mouth:
- Oral Cancer screening including general condition of your neck and the soft tissues in your mouth.
- Evaluation of the health, condition and appearance of your teeth and gums.
- Examination of the way your teeth bite, the jaw-joints (TMJ)
- Assessment of the appearance of your smile along with clinical photographs.
- X-ray imaging of teeth and jaws to check for any problems not readily visible in the mouth.
Once all the information is gathered, Akit will give you feedback on all of the findings and then recommend treatment solutions tailored to your needs and that are in your best interest, i.e. to achieve the goals of the treatment in a way that will optimise the health of your mouth and provide the most predictable and durable long term solution. Akit will look at how best to care for your complete oral health and then you decide what works for you.
I will recommend treatment options to you as if you were a member of my family
Should you wish, an invitation for a case discussion is available at no additional cost. All treatment plans are confirmed in writing explaining the nature of the proposed treatment, outlining the costs and payment terms. Estimates are always sent before any treatment is commenced and require a signature to confirm acceptance.
If your situation is more complex, then you will be recalled for further diagnostic investigations prior to formulating a more advanced treatment plan.